Healthgrades, a resource that connects consumers, physicians, and health systems, today announced it has acquired healthcare consumer and physician engagement company Evariant. With the combination of these two companies, Healthgrades says it will offer the most comprehensive end-to-end engagement platform in the health care industry.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Evariant shareholders will retain a minority stake in the combined company and will have a representative on the Board of Directors. Healthgrades is a Vestar Capital Partners portfolio company.
“Healthgrades is a pioneer in health care information, and with the addition of Evariant, the company will become the most comprehensive health care communications platform in the industry,” said Norm Alpert, chairman of Healthgrades and co-president of Vestar. “Merging the beset futures of both companies creates an unrivaled solution set for health systems to engage with consumers, patients, providers, and other constituencies on a new level.”
Evariant CEO Clay Ritchey said, “At Evariant, we have successfully partnered with health systems to achieve high-value service line growth, extended patient lifetime value, and improve network utilization and planning. We are excited to become a part of Healthgrades and look forward to the significant opportunities ahead as the scale of our combined companies will fuel expansion of our products, services, and support resources to benefit our collective client base.”
Healthgrades’ products and services allow doctors and health systems to optimize growth through smarter consumer acquisition, patient retention, and physician network utilization strategies. The combination of Evariant and Healthgrades will offer:
- An advanced health care customer relationship management solution;
- A leading physician relationship management solution;
- An engagement center application that can turn call centers into profit centers;
- A web content management solution supporting an integrated digital experience;
- A full-service health care marketing agency and strategic services arm focused on accelerating ROI; and
- A comprehensive consumer website to help educate consumers and connect them with a physician.
Read the full press release here.
See further coverage in: